The Great White North™ Winter Coat is designed for maximum warmth, durability and safety in mind. Function with flare makes this coat a must have for all short haired active dogs or hounds that just feel the cold. The Emerald green, new for 2012 is stunning…
All Chilly Dogs coats feature an “Easy On, Easy Off” design. The coat is simply slipped over the dog’s head then the “Y” shaped belly panel is pulled down and back between the front legs, then pulled up over the dog’s back where the buckles are fastened and the webbing is adjusted.
Skillfully designed and manufactured in Ottawa, Canada using Canadian materials.
- Constructed of super warm but lightweight 12oz non-pilling Canadian polyester Fleece.
- 100% wind and waterproof 200 Denier polyurethane coated nylon outer shell.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective piping around the neck and rear for night visibility and safety.
- Adjustable nylon webbing and a smooth shaped buckle system is used to securely fasten the coat around the body of your dog.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective loop at the rear of the coat for hanging/storage purposes. This loop is not for the tail!
-10 to – 40 Degrees Centigrade
- Blue Jay/Black
- Emerald Green/Black
Three Great White North Coat Categories
- All breed – Toy to Great Danes
- Long and Lean – Greyhound, Salukis, Galgos
- Whippet – Whippets
Measuring and Ordering
Although Chilly Dogs™ coats are not custom made, years of experience and skillful design have provided products of superior fit.
To learn how to measure your hound, please read our Measuring and Fitting Guide which includes a useful video on measuring your dog.
Chilly Dogs Coats do not allow for a harness to be worn under the coat. There is no hole in the coat for a D-ring connection to your leash. The reason for this is the fact that there are many varieties and styles of harnesses on the market each one having a different location of the D-ring. We suggest that you adjust your favourite harness to be worn over the coat. Look at our Wiggles Wags and Whiskers Patented Non Pull Harness.
Machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle. Wash with similar colours. Fasten the buckle or Velcro before placing in washing a machine. We recommend that you use a gentle detergent as some detergents can be hard on fibres and break them down prematurely. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Fabric softener will prevent the fleece from retaining heat within the fleece fibres.
Fasten buckle or Velcro before placing in Dryer. Set Dryer on cool setting for 10 minutes then hang or lay flat to dry.