The Original Rain Slicker™ is a highly versatile raincoat for dogs and is great for cool, windy and wet spring to autumn days. The outer shell offers full water and wind protection by using high quality 200 denier polyurethane coated nylon. The lining of the coat is a soft and comfortable polyester micro fabric. Chilly Dogs™ have added more Scotchlite 3M™ piping around the neck and rear for night time visibility and safety.
- Skilfully designed and manufactured in Ottawa, Canada using high quality Canadian materials.
- 100% wind and waterproof 200 Denier polyurethane coated nylon outer shell.
- Soft micro fleece is used across the chest for mobility and comfort.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective piping around the neck and rear for night visibility and safety.
- The lining fabric is a soft and comfortable polyester featuring a turn down collar.
- Wide strips of Velcro© are used to fasten the wide belly panel to the body of the coat. This ensures a secure fit*.
- Scotchlite 3M™ piping has been added around the neck and rear for night time visibility and safety.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective loop at the rear of the coat for hanging/storage purposes. This loop is not for the tail!
*Note: The All Breed and L&L Slickers are fastened with wide strips of Velcro. The Whippet Slickers are fastened with 3/4″ adjustable web strap and a durable buckle.
25 to -5 degrees Celsius
Colours for 2013
- Red/Grey Lining
- Yellow/Grey Lining
- Denim Blue/Grey
Three Coat Categories
- All Breed -Toy Breeds to Great Danes
- Long and Lean – Greyhounds, Salukis, Galgos
- Whippet – Whippets
Measuring and Ordering
Although Chilly Dogs™ coats are not custom made, years of experience and skillful design have provided products of superior fit.
To learn how to measure your hound, please read our Measuring and Fitting Guide which includes a useful video on measuring your dog.
Chilly Dogs Coats do not allow for a harness to be worn under the coat. There is no hole in the coat for a D-ring connection to your leash. The reason for this is the fact that there are many varieties and styles of harnesses on the market each one having a different location of the D-ring. We suggest that you adjust your favourite harness to be worn over the coat. Look at our Wiggles Wags and Whiskers Patented Non Pull Harness.
Machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle. Wash with similar colours. Fasten the buckle or Velcro before placing in washing a machine. We recommend that you use a gentle detergent as some detergents can be hard on fibres and break them down prematurely. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Fabric softener will prevent the fleece from retaining heat within the fleece fibres.
Fasten buckle or Velcro before placing in Dryer. Set Dryer on cool setting for 10 minutes then hang or lay flat to dry.